Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Feb 23 10:11:39 GMT 2010

Some statistics I have based on my bzr activity in Russian-speaking
world. I'm managing ru_bzr discussion group and bzr-day blog where I
wrote on how to work with bzr.

Number of subscribers in ru_bzr is ~60 people, where only ~20 is active.

Numbers for bzr-day slightly different: ~40 people read blog on
continuing basis and up to 80-100 people when some famous blogger
provide link on bzr-day.

These numbers are really low in my understanding. Of course this is not
all Russian bzr users, but I'm doubt that outside this scope will be
more than 1k-2k people. But keep in mind that Russian-speaking world is
large enough. But bzr there is not very popular.

When I was on PyCamp Python conference in Kyiv Ukraine last months there
was many people who knows about bzr, even worked with it some time, and
then switched to other DVCS. They're sometimes very aggressive towards bzr.