Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Sun Feb 21 04:45:31 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 09:15:57PM -0700, Maritza Mendez wrote:
> This might be a good time to pose a question I've kept "private" for
> months...When will someone write/publish a Bazaar book?  There are
> already animal books for svn, git and hg.  The hg book prominently
> acknowledges cvs, git and svn but makes no mention of bzr except as a
> system to migrate *from*.  (darcs, monotone and arch receive similar
> treatment)  Even better mousetraps need marketing.  I hope a book is
> in the works, in part because it will help lend credibility to bzr in
> the eyes of managers.  Say what you will about how the PHB makes
> decisions.  But he is in charge.

I was asked if I was interested in writing one a few months back but
simply don't have the time. It indicates though that there is interest
from publishers. It is really a matter of someone with the time that
thinks they are capable, going to one of the techie publishers and
suggesting it.

Cheers,

Blog                             http://www.inodes.org
LCA2010                          http://www.lca2010.org.nz