Bazaar 2.1.0 has gone gold

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Wed Feb 17 10:57:03 GMT 2010

Martin Pool wrote:

>> Given 2.1 has gone gold, I guess it's too later to put a "What's New in
>> Bazaar 2.1" document into the 2.1 branch itself. :-) If we agree to put
>> the effort into writing such a document, putting the 2.1 one into trunk
>> (initially) is fine IMO. As long as it exists *somewhere*, we can
>> reference it (and the Explorer one please :-) ) in the final 2.1
>> announcement.
>
> I think we should have a single summary section under the main
> release, describing what's new since the previous major release.

It can be a section inside the existing Release Notes, sure. I think it
needs to be on a page to itself though as it's the page that people will
want to print and read. Perhaps the changes between the last RC and the
final .0 release is so small that we could just reuse that section.

>> Thoughts? A volunteer to write a first draft?
>
> You? ;-)

I was hoping for someone else. :-) If no-one gives it a go overnight,
I'll put something together in the morning.

Ian C.