[RFC] branch --bind

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Jan 7 23:32:56 GMT 2010

A. S. Budden wrote:

> At the moment (as I've probably said a few times by now!), I use
> heavyweight checkouts exclusively.  There is a tree-less "feature
> branch" layout on a network drive and a local (i.e. not on the shared
> drive) heavyweight checkout, created using a patched [1] Bazaar
> Explorer.

FWIW, I'm still very interested in making this setup (and other
topologies) easier in Explorer. My goal is to get the more basic setups
working smoothly first and then tackle "cbranch", i.e. "create me a new
tree-less branch over there and a working tree to it here".

Adding a "Bind to parent" checkbox to qbranch is the next step in this
evolution but it's a long way from the final word.

Ian C.