Improving init workflow [was: Re: [RFC] branch --bind]

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jan 5 21:50:04 GMT 2010

I like this optimasation initative.

I work with a central server / repository workflow.
In order to create a new project I currently run:

1) bzr init sftp://my.remote.server.net/newproject
2) bzr co sftp://my.remote.server.net/newproject

It would be nice if both could be combined.

Also, when using the Eclipse IDE, it comes more complicated:

1) create a new Pydev project "newproject" in Eclipse
    (This creates the .project and other Eclipse files)
2) close Eclipse
3) cp newproject newproject_ecl
4) bzr init sftp://my.remote.server.net/
5) bzr co sftp://my.remote.server.net/newproject
6) cp -r newproject_ecl/* newproject
   (copy the Eclipse configurations in the checked out working branch)
7) rm-rf newproject_ecl

I would appreciate any hints on how to accelerate this procedure.

Thanks and regards,
Timmie