FYI: In-tree rules and line-endings (was: Re: branch specific rules - the latest proposal)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Nov 16 10:18:39 GMT 2009

Just FYI: it seems conversion of Python development to hg is stuck
because hg has problems with robust cross-platform solution for
line-endings rules and conversions.

Releasing bzr 2.1 with in-tree rules and robust line-endings can be a
serious argument for Bazaar. I'm not sure there is planned to re-think
choice of DVCS tool for Python, but at least somebody interested
(Barry?) can show this feature on next PyCon.

Yes, I know this is not the top priority now for bzr core team.
All I said is just my IMHO.