api_minimum_version not been bumped.

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:49:21 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Why do you need to use CLIUIFactory before it was deprecated? I'm mostly
> asking to help shed light on how this sort of thing needs to be handled.
>
> At least, from what I remember from Martin, it was duplicated with other
> code. Though perhaps not before deprecation?
>
> Getting feedback here is something that I think will help guide future
> decisions about deprecations, etc.

Looking at the specifics, before 1.18, TextUIFactory did not have
make_progress_view. Previously, we provided CLIUIFactory with a custom
progress_view in some other way. When that change first occured, I
tried to port the code from the CLIUIFactory, to the new TextUIFactory
for backward compatibility. After reviewing that code now, I realised
a much simpler way to maintain the backward compatibility
(_make_progress_view = make_progress_view).