Eclipse is unusable

Guillermo Gonzalez guillo.gonzo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:35:31 BST 2009

Hi Russel,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Russel Winder
<russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:
> I (unfairly to the Groovy plugin) associated the failure of Eclipse to
> work with my upgrade of the Groovy plugin this morning (there are
> reasons why this might have been an issue hence my sensitivity -- but
> the stack trace is clearly nothing to do with Groovy).  However the
> problem is clearly in Bazaar plugin land (I should have read the stack
> trace rather than just posting it on the Groovy plugin email list).
> Anyone any idea what might be happening here?  As soon as I try and do
> anything in Eclipse with a project it all goes grey and throws large
> numbers of these sorts of exception.  According to Eclipse all my
> plugins are fully up to date.  I am guessing that candidates are the
> QBzr Eclipse plugin and the Bzr Eclipse plugin and possibly xmloutput --
> which I know has had updates to mainline recently.
>
> All aide gratefully received as I promised to see if gpars now compiles
> in Eclipse -- it is a Groovy project and had issues requiring the plugin
> to be altered in devious ways -- and currently I can't do anything with
> Eclipse, I can't even remove the Bazaar related plugins, it all just
> hangs.
>
> Thanks.
>
> (Sorry for the element of panic, but I am trying to like Eclipse yet
> incidents like this challenge my resolve.)

[snip]
hmm, looks like a bzr-xmloutput issue, as the error is related to an xml issue.
Could you check the contents of ~/.bzr.log? there you should find if
it's caused by xmloutput.

Also, if you'r using bzr.dev I landed a fix in bzr-xmloutput trunk yesterday.

Regards,

--
Guillermo Gonzalez
<http://launchpad.net/~verterok>