Updated Plugins Guide - questions and RFT

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 24 01:22:24 BST 2009

Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> writes:

> As Alexander indicates, it is a fact that some plugins are more
> actively maintained than others, and this is perhaps an unavoidable
> fact. It's not even desirable that the core team take on
> responsibility for keeping every single plugin up to date. However, we
> don't want people thinking that they're all the same - perhaps that's
> just as simple as suggesting folks look at the plugin's own web page.

Better, if it could be arranged, would be to have a “date of latest
release” metric for each one, updated automatically (Debian ‘uscan’,
anyone?) to help users gain that understanding directly.

--
 \                “I got fired from my job the other day. They said my |
  `\          personality was weird. … That's okay, I have four more.” |