Call for testing: cvs2bzr

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Aug 20 23:42:50 BST 2009

Michael Haggerty wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy wrote:

>> Excellent. Thanks. Next step is to get the cvs2svn trunk released as
>> 2.3.0 and uploaded into karmic. :-)
>
> What would be the deadline to get into karmic?  It would be nice if the
> new and improved cvs2hg were included in release 2.3.0, if that is at
> all realistic.

According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule, Feature
Freeze is August 27. So I think you want to be releasing 2.3.0 by Monday
at the *absolute latest* to give those doing the upload time to sort out
any packaging issues. Even that is probably leaving things a bit late:
getting 2.3.0 out today (Friday 21/Aug) would be preferable I feel.

Here are some links of interest:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/cvs2svn
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess

As soon as a source release is available, you should contact the Ubuntu
MOTU Developers and find someone who can help get it uploaded.

Ian C.