[MERGE] [BUG 363837] Catch _win32_delete_readonly failure to remove file or directory and try to recover

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:04:29 BST 2009

2009/5/6 Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>

>  2009/5/6 John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>:
>>
>>> I think we could
>>>
>>> 1) Insert a small wait loop after the process goes away to see if it
>>> releases the file. This will help fix transient things. We could try
>>> every 100ms or so, for a max of 1s.
>>>

> For diff there will be 2 files, for merge up to 3 files. So in the bad
> possible situation bzr will wait up to 3 minutes just to try cleanup things?
> Do you think it's really better than exit immediately and print the names of
> files those are left?

ahm, wouldn't it be 3 seconds for 3 files if we wait 1 second for each?
Anyways, do you expect for them to end that quick? I'd think 3 seconds would
also be acceptable.
Maybe your opt-in option can be seconds_to_wait_for_open_files=0 or
timeout_seconds=0  where 0 would mean we don't wait. So each operation can
specify how long it is willing to wait.

--
<| my2c, you almost have a $