New 1.14 RC date?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Apr 2 06:54:53 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 01:54:07PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Andrew Bennetts, and lo! it spake thus:

> Anyway, there's no such issue likely to arise from the brisbane-core
> format; it doesn't add any new semantic capabilities, it's simply a
> faster and smaller format.  I do not see any drawbacks for users
> merely by the presence of this format in a hidden option that is
> clearly sign-posted as experimental.

My objection isn't to the presence, merely the timing.  Landing big,
involved, long-coming changes into trunk is not the sort of thing you
do the day before you split off a release branch.  It's the sort of
thing you do the day AFTER.  Pushing BACK the date of the rc/branch in
order to squeeze it in just compounds the sin.

Anyway, isn't the whole point of having time-based releases that we
don't HAVE to rush things in at the last minute, since the next
release is only a month away anyway?

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net