[MERGE] * ``make dist`` now includes a number of plugins

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Mar 13 04:39:50 GMT 2009

2009/3/13 Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au>:

> I only get a voice as an interested user, but from that perspective:
>
> I would very much hope that a prerequisite for *any* code entering
> Bazaar (i.e. being “merged in”), the code must have tests that meet
> the requirements of any other Bazaar code.

We care a lot about testing, review and code quality.  It's hard to
discuss in the abstract how much is enough.  Code that's already
written and in use (and considered must-have by at least some users
here) is different, at least in practice if not in theory, to code
that's being newly written.

If we merge code from plugins into the core we'll be careful about
both tests and other aspects.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>