output of bzr add in 1.12? hmmm

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 19 06:53:03 GMT 2009

Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> writes:

> More of an issue for me is the thrashing we're doing on this command
> - we used to output a bunch of info, and we decided it was too much.
> We then had almost no complaints about add for quite some time,
> until this new message was added in 1.12.

Note that I'm only commenting on what's described in this forum. I
don't know when the changes you describe were made. I'm still using
Bazaar 1.5, and won't be using a newer version until it's available in
Debian ‘testing’.

So, to the extent that there are other users with similar policies,
there will be significant lag time between when changes are made in a
Bazaar release and when feedback comes from such users.

> My preference would be to just back out the 'add completed' message,
> as I too don't think it adds anything to the console UI.

My suggestions for improving the message were only for the sake of
fixing a minor issue in one shot, rather than having it creep into
more places. I'm not wedded to the specific message wording; I'm more
in favour of incrementally moving in the direction of consistent and
less-confusing UI.

--
 \            “No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the |
  `\                               American public.” —Henry L. Mencken |