output of bzr add in 1.12? hmmm

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Feb 19 05:17:17 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:55 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> That makes for a message that can't be easily templated for
> internationalisation. Best to have a message that is always exactly
> the same except for the actual variable data (in this case, the count
> of files).

Actually, gettext plural forms handle this fine, if bzr was
internationalised [in its output] it wouldn't be an issue.

More of an issue for me is the thrashing we're doing on this command -
we used to output a bunch of info, and we decided it was too much. We
then had almost no complaints about add for quite some time, until this
new message was added in 1.12.

My preference would be to just back out the 'add completed' message, as
I too don't think it adds anything to the console UI.

-Rob