Managing multiple remote locations

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 23:00:33 GMT 2008

2008/12/9 Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>

> Not related to the original problem, but... I've found myself writing a
> few trivial bzr shell scripts recently. Getting used to "bzr-something"
> instead of "bzr something" is not that easy though, so I wrote a bzr
> plugin (bzr-extcommand) to manage the scripts for me. For example in
> your case you could write:
>
> [EXTERNAL_ALIASES]
> multi-push = for URL in `cat .url`; do bzr push $URL; done
>
> and then simply use "bzr multi-push".

this is an excelent tip, maybe it should go onto the wiki somewhere
(like 'usefull tips' or 'bzr idioms')

though I think I should add a this sort of multi-push to my upcoming
bzrbatch plugin. Where it will be easier to add more features eg. variable
support for managing a long lists with common end part.

multi-push = for URL in `cat .url| grep -v POSTFIX`; do bzr push $URL`cat
.url | grep -e POSTFIX | sed s/POSTFIX=//`; done

.url can then look like:
--
POSTFIX=/.bazaar/plugins/scmproj
sftp://x@serverx/home/x