Managing multiple remote locations

Aaron Bentley aaron at aaronbentley.com
Tue Dec 9 17:22:11 GMT 2008

Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> Dňa Po, 2008-12-08 o 07:03 +0000, Russel Winder napísal:
>> Marius,
>>
>> Any progress on this?
>
> Is this about per branch/location bookmarks? If so, I implemented that
> in bzr-bookmarks about a month ago. It can now read/store bookmarks in
> ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf,e ~/.bazaar/locations.conf
> and .bzr/branch/branch.conf

Way back in the Arch days, I implemented per-branch bookmarks in a
front-end called "Fai".  I found that it was very confusing.  I could
never remember which bookmarks existed for which branches, what they
meant in each context.  Global bookmarks make a lot of sense.  For
branches, I think it makes more sense to have a small set of
automatically-maintained branch locations, such as the push, parent,
submit and public locations.

Aaron