Whygitisbetterthan.com, some advocacy from GitHub

Pieter de Bie frimmirf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:58:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Eugene Wee <crystalrecursion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you missed out "Git is small" as the 4th area. I am not sure what to
> make of it though. Another comparison made just over half a year ago had
> Bazaar win in this department, so did Git make a huge improvement in this
> area over the past half a year, or was the comparison (unintentionally)
> rigged in Git's favour?
>
> P.S.: The comparison I mentioned is available at:
> http://www.infoq.com/articles/dvcs-guide

I think that article forgot to do a good repack after the initial
import. I did some tests myself (see
http://vcscompare.blogspot.com/2008/06/git-mercurial-bazaar-repository-size.html)
around the same time, and Bzr was about 3x as big as git at that time.
I think bzr has had some space improvements, but nothing dramatic
enough to make it smaller than git.