accelerated status testers wanted

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Sep 14 13:50:20 BST 2008

I'd like some [brave] folk to give
http://people.ubuntu.com/~robertc/baz2.0/readdir a spin.

Its a branch of bzr that should be modestly faster at status.

If startup time is drowning out status performance, this will make no
difference. (So, 1000 path trees, no change expected). But please do
still test it (see below).

On large trees - 10K, 50K or 100K path trees - this should bring in a
very noticable difference.

For me, that branch does status on mozilla in 2.9 seconds, bzr.dev in
3.9 seconds. So ~ 25% faster.

I haven't finished optimising yet, but as the optimisations are
primarily moving a [large] inner-loop to pyrex, I want to catch porting
issues before merging to bzr.dev.

Cheers,
Rob