Push to repository: "Operation not permitted"

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jun 23 23:53:10 BST 2008

"Erik Bågfors" <zindar at gmail.com> writes:

> Do you really care about the working tree on the USB stick?

In this case, yes, I did.

> If so you can create a repo without tree using "bzr init-repo
> --no-tree" on the stick.

That's why I specifically put the '--trees' option on the 'bzr
init-repository' command.

Clearly the filesystem in this case didn't support symlinks. It's
probably best for Bazaar to catch this error, report it to the user
with context, and clean up.

--
 \          "The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a |
  `\            question, but to post the wrong information."  -- Aahz |