bzr-svn 0.4.9 - still with memory leaks?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:12:27 GMT 2008

I'm using bzr 1.3 and bzr-svn 0.4.9 on Windows XP. Both the Windows
binary versions. I understand the bzr-svn binary includes the svn
memory leak patch.

When I try to do a bzr clone of (a local copy of) the Python
subversion repository, the process memory keeps growing continuously
(after 5000 revisions, memory is at over 500M, and still rising. It
hit over 1G before I killed the process).

I can pull in stages, so this isn't fatal, but is this expected? On Unix, does

    bzr branch http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk local-copy

exhibit memory growth like this? How much memory is the Bazaar process
using at its peak?

It's possible that there's still an unresolved memory leak in the svn
bindings on Windows, but as I can't build svn myself, I can neither
check or fix it if thee is :-(

As I say, I can work round this, but I'd like to understand the issue here.

Thanks,
Paul.