Workflow - Tracking upstream repository with local patches

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Mar 14 15:59:35 GMT 2008

Am Freitag, den 14.03.2008, 10:38 -0500 schrieb Andrew Bennetts:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> > On 14/03/2008, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> >
> > > real svn revno used as suffix in bzr revision ids. At least they don't lost
> > > completely.
> >
> > Ah, I didn't spot that. That's good enough, I guess.
>
> It should be possible to add a helper for this to the bzr-svn plugin.  It could
> look something like:
>
>   $ bzr convert-revno --from-svn 61383
>   38512
>
>   $ bzr convert-revno --to-svn 38512
>   61383
>
> (Maybe someone else can think of a less ugly UI for it...)
There are two corner cases that make implementing such a command rather
tricky.

Revisions pushed into Subversion use the custom revision id bzr assigned
them when they were created. This means it would not be possible to
determine the revno for revisions that were pushed into svn from bzr.

There may be revisions from more than one Subversion repository in a bzr
branch, possibly with overlapping revnos.

Cheers,

jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org