Bisect plugin updated

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Mon Feb 18 17:43:35 GMT 2008

Robert Collins wrote:
> I think it would be good to add some queryable metadata to plugins for
> building a registry of them. To be able to process this with the plugin
> uninstalled and missing dependencies is desirable (so that you can index
> a plugin you /can't/ load (such as one for windows only). So I propose
> some variables put in setup.py as globals - you can import setup.py and
> query it. And setup.py is the only thing guaranteed importable :). If
> someone has a buggy setup.py (e.g. one that forgets to do
> if __name__ == 'main':
>    setup stuff here
>
> Then we can file bugs :).

I've run with this.  Your system should be in bisect now, with some
additions.

> I propose the following variables:
> The name the plugin expects to be installed under:
> bzr_plugin_name = 'bisect'

I've added "bzr_plugin_version", "bzr_minimum_version", and
"bzr_maximum_version".  The plugin version should be self-explanatory;
minimum and maximum versions refer to the version of bzr the plugin
supports, for those plugins that want to do this.  Either or both can be
"None".

Comments?  In particular, I like the idea of exposing dependencies on
bzr versions, but am not entirely satisfied with the implementation.