more performance work?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Nov 9 02:42:35 GMT 2007

> There are also some bugs that while not critical for everybody, or with
> easy workarounds are severely hampering some users.
>
> I would support delaying 1.0 in order to spend time addressing bugs and
> polishing up. With the announcement of a 1.0 release many people may try
> out bzr, and if there are many known bugs they can trip over they will
> have a bad impression, and could lead to plenty of bad press.

So, I think a good first step would be to identify the bugs you think
are blockers: preferably by posting their urls and descriptions here
(but just the description would do).  That would help both in helping
us agree on what must be fixed soon, and also in assessing how much
work it would take to fix them.

Incidentally I looked the other day and in the history of the project
there have been about 1270 bugs opened, and 780 resolved.

The focus on performance has paid off and I hope will pay off in
future particularly for networking, but we need to identify and fix
the most important bugs too.

--
Martin