more performance work?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Nov 9 08:52:05 GMT 2007

Martin Pool пишет:
>> There are also some bugs that while not critical for everybody, or with
>> easy workarounds are severely hampering some users.
>>
>> I would support delaying 1.0 in order to spend time addressing bugs and
>> polishing up. With the announcement of a 1.0 release many people may try
>> out bzr, and if there are many known bugs they can trip over they will
>> have a bad impression, and could lead to plenty of bad press.
>
> So, I think a good first step would be to identify the bugs you think
> are blockers: preferably by posting their urls and descriptions here
> (but just the description would do).  That would help both in helping
> us agree on what must be fixed soon, and also in assessing how much
> work it would take to fix them.

My own WTF list that I'd like to see fixed before 1.0.

Symlinks:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/81689
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/125689

utf-8 output in windows console:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/54173

Something should be decided about plink.exe support:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/107593
(I propose to disable plink support at least).

Problems with limbo and FileExists and files locked by another process
(I'm not sure it's possible to fix all of them before 1.0, but at least
some decision should be made):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/67699
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/111758

And this bug marked as critical, although I don't understand what to do
with it, because it's not reproducible without bzr-svn:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/139253

 > Incidentally I looked the other day and in the history of the project
 > there have been about 1270 bugs opened, and 780 resolved.

Today I see another statistics in launchpad: 1379 ever reported, 605
opened and 774 closed. Amount of bugs grow faster than we fix it.

Alexander