Documentation for Patch Queue Manager

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Oct 15 03:29:32 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 14:28 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> For years, when I ask about commit-time hooks in Bazaar, the partial
> answer has been "Patch Queue Manager can help".
>
> When I try to find documentation for PQM, I find pages like:
>
>     <URL:http://bazaar-vcs.org/PatchQueueManager>
>     two-paragraph summary of its purpose
>
>     <URL:https://launchpad.net/pqm>
>     brief description
>     no link for documentation
>     link for "Distribution packages", but no packages there
>
>     <URL:http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrDocsRock>
>     notes that "Finish Documentation for PQM" is "Status: 90%"
>     but no indication on when that statement was made
>
> Either I'm looking in the wrong places, or PQM has been used for years
> without any user documentation. I hope someone here can prove to me
> the former is true.

There is docbook documentation in the pqm source, ./configure && make
should build it for you.

bzr itself also has commit time hooks, which are little python programs
and can do just about anything you want, they execute on the client
presently, and hopefully in the next release or two tops we'll have an
answer for them running on the server.

Cheers,
Rob