bzr v0.91 - ERROR: Unable to delete transform temporary directory ...../.bzr/checkout/limbo.

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Thu Oct 11 20:03:52 BST 2007

On (11/10/07 18:09), DeeJay wrote:
> Error occurs during a BRANCH or CHECKOUT.
>
> During Build phase 1/2, bzr reports -
>
> ERROR: Unable to delete transform temporary directory
> <my_path>/.bzr/checkout/limbo.
>     Please examine <my_path>/.bzr/checkout/limbo to see if it contains
> any files you wish to keep, and delete it when you are done.

Here is the problem. bzr has a problem that it needs your help to sort
out. Please examine all of the files in that directory and copy any that
you want to keep and don't have copies of elsewhere. When you are happy
that all of the files there can be safely deleted then run

  rm -rf <my_path>.bzr/checkout/limbo

and you should be able to use all the commands again.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256