Packaging for 0.15rc3

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Mar 28 19:33:27 BST 2007

On (28/03/07 11:42), Martin Pool wrote:
> I can tell him that it won't be possible to have the same package
> installable on Debian.  However, I think we should have *a* package
> for Debian, both on our site and uploaded into Debian.  Do you know
> who's packaging it for Debian, and whether they're up to date?
>
> Is the paramiko dependency the only incompatibility?

Yes, as far as I know. It is only optional, but bzr is a lot more useful
with it obviously.

Backporting paramiko isn't that easy, there is a long chain of
dependencies that need to be backported or upgraded. I have some
packages at

  http://jameswestby.net/debian/bzr-backport/

that could be used as a starting point.

However the list of packages is long, and do you want to risk providing
packages that cause headaches when the users come to upgrade? I am not
sure that they will, but it is a consideration.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256