Packaging for 0.15rc3

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Mar 28 02:42:22 BST 2007

On 3/28/07, Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Here's the summary for the packaging of 0.15r3.  I also packaged
> bzrtools 0.15.4 and bzr-gtk 0.15.1 at the same time.

Thanks for that.

[i cc'd the bazaar list, packaging discussion can usefully go on there]

> I know that Mark expect the package I post to work on Debian sarge.
> However, I tested recently and I found out it will not be possible.  I
> have been asked in the past to make my package depends on
> python-paramiko, which is not available in Sarge.  Should I notify Mark
> of that, or somebody else will ?

I can tell him that it won't be possible to have the same package
installable on Debian.  However, I think we should have *a* package
for Debian, both on our site and uploaded into Debian.  Do you know
who's packaging it for Debian, and whether they're up to date?

Is the paramiko dependency the only incompatibility?

If it is, then how:

 making a new repository for each debian release, as we have for ubuntu
 putting a python-paramiko deb into there

--
Martin