Packaging for 0.15rc3

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Mar 29 01:18:29 BST 2007

On 3/29/07, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> > Is the paramiko dependency the only incompatibility?
>
> Yes, as far as I know. It is only optional, but bzr is a lot more useful
> with it obviously.

Yes, though still reasonably usable without it as you can now use
bzr+ssh with an external ssh.  If I was on an old platform with
python2.4 but without paramko I'd probably do that.

Is Paramiko and it's dependencies in Sid?

> Backporting paramiko isn't that easy, there is a long chain of
> dependencies that need to be backported or upgraded. I have some
> packages at
>
>   http://jameswestby.net/debian/bzr-backport/
>
> that could be used as a starting point.
>
> However the list of packages is long, and do you want to risk providing
> packages that cause headaches when the users come to upgrade? I am not
> sure that they will, but it is a consideration.

So how about just changing paramiko to a Suggests or even removing it?

--
Martin