Problem diffing 2 branches

Jean-François Veillette jean_francois_veillette at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 26 19:33:28 BST 2007

Here some additional contextual informations :
- the first « root » branch (identified by /Developement/WebObjects/
Wonder/Ajax/Ajax) is a fresh cvs checkout.
- my current branch (identified by . ) is where I do my own
modifications.

In my current branch (.) I made a couple of changes, some of which I
would like to push back to the original localtion in order to
eventually commit to cvs.

That pop-up a question ... I would like to cherry-pick my changes and
only push some of them to the root branch, how can I do that ?

Le 07-03-26 à 14:13, John Arbash Meinel a écrit :

> Jean-François Veillette wrote:
>> 13:53:32: bzr diff .  ~/Developement/WebObjects/Wonder/Ajax/Ajax/
>> ... ... ...
>> === modified file 'Components/AjaxAutoComplete.api'
>> bzr: ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/Users/jfv/Developement/BiblioChamplain/Tamia2/
>> DependancesExternes/Ajax/Components/AjaxAutoComplete.api'
>>

>> In the current branch, I have moved the Ajax/Components directory
>> to a
>> new location, so yes that file is not there anymore (and many other
>> files as well).
>>
>> I would expect bzr to follow the moved file and diff accordingly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - jfv
>
> Did you tell 'bzr' that the file has moved with "bzr mv X Y", or
> did you
> just do a filesystem move (mv X Y, or with Finder)?

I moved using « bzr mv  ...»

> I *am* surprised to see it give an Errno 2, and would have expected it
> to just say that the file had been deleted, versus an unknown file
> somewhere else. (diff wouldn't tell you unknowns, but status would).
>
> I think it is a case of bzr trusting the working inventory, when
> things
> could easily change without it knowing.
>
> I'm pretty sure the new working tree code in 0.15 would handle this
> sort
> of thing better.
>
> Can you tell me what version of bzr you are using? (bzr --version)

14:15:59: bzr --version
Bazaar (bzr) 0.14.0
Using python interpreter: /usr/bin/python
Using python standard library: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4
Using bzrlib: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/
python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib

Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Canonical Ltd.
http://bazaar-vcs.org/

bzr comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  bzr is free software, and
you may use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU
General Public License version 2 or later.

Thanks !

- jfv