Looking to learn and lend a hand

Spencer Chastain sechastain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 04:34:19 GMT 2007

I think I may be committing a faux pas since I'm coming to a project where
I'm unprepared to do much and have more questions than ability ...

... so with that in mind, please forgive my eagerness to learn more and get
involved.

I'm learning python and bzr more or less at the same time for the purposes
of understanding them, but I've not actually had any reason (beyond
contrived and thus seemingly emptily examples/tutorials) to use what I'm
learning.

So, with this email, I'm hoping the community can point me to a list of
simple to-do's or bugs that are lying around but are not "important enough"
right now to have been done, keeping in mind my inexperience.  If someone
would like to volunteer to serve as a kind of mentor so I don't feel like I
need to come to the list as a last resort, that'd be cool, too.

I'm not looking for any hand holding ... just looking some direction in
taking small steps into the shallow end of the pool before diving into the
deep end.

I've read a lot of the blueprints and bug reports in the bug tracker ... I'm
just not seeing things that are not already in-work to some degree (based
largely on comments I see in the bug reports, not so much on the reported
status of said bug) that I'd be comfortable taking on.  If some of these
low-priority/easy bugs are in fact available to be worked despite comments
seemingly to the contrary, I'd be happy to work them - just point them out
to me so I know.

Again, not looking for a whole lot - just a little direction and instruction
above and beyond what I've read (...I've basically been reading through
bazaar-vcs.org the past month...) to get myself into things a little more.

I appreciate any feedback,

--Spencer