Reorganise repository layout

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Fri Mar 16 15:14:38 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:10 -0400, Adam Mercer wrote:
> My current repository is located at
> ~/bzr/talks
> i.e. talks contains the .bzr directory, I have the following
> directorys within the repo
> aps-200704
> lsc-200703

directories, not branches?

> and I want to make each directory here an independant repository, they
> have nothing in common.

I see.

> So from your suggestions I did the following:
> $ cd ~/bzr
> $ bzr branch talks/aps-200704
> bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: /Users/ram/bzr/talks/aps-200704/
> I get the same error for the other directory.
> Does anybody have any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Sounds like you've been confusing the others by calling ~/bzr/talks a
'repository' as it sounds like you've actually got a branch there.

One way would be to simply branch the entire thing, remove aps-200704
from one and lsc-200703 from the other. This is inefficient but easy.

The other way I can think of involves using the new
dirstate-with-subtrees work which is experimental to split each of your
talks off into a branch of its own.

I'm not sure which you'd feel safer doing. Also others may now be able
to spot the issue and suggest better ideas than I can come up with.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895