more naming cleanups: irc channel, .deb packages,

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Mon Mar 12 15:33:46 GMT 2007

Hi Martin, everybody,

If I understand correctly, we need to change the name of the bazaar
package, but not bzr.  I would be glad to take care of that.

However, I am just wondering about the purpose of the baz/bazaar package
in the first place.  It have not been updated since Breezy, released in
October 2005.  My understanding is that is officially deprecated and
replaced by bzr.  Should we consider removing baz/bazaar entirely from
the distro ?

This may not be possible if some package still have a hard dependency on
it.  Also, I am not familiar with the process of doing so.  It would
probably involve looking for and fixing any package that still Depends,
Suggests or Recommends baz.

On the other, there is no harm in keeping it around.  I'll let Martin
advise about what to do, and start looking into what is involved in the
process.

Cheers !

Etienne

--