more naming cleanups: irc channel, .deb packages,

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 23:14:16 GMT 2007

Now we have mostly cleaned up the previous confusing branding of
Bazaar vs Bazaar-ng vs bzr-ng vs ...

http://bazaar-vcs.org/Branding

There are two things left:

 * The irc channel is #bzr - we could switch to #bazaar and leave a
reminder in place.  I know it's a bit annoying but we probably should
do it.

 * The Ubuntu and Debian packages are called bzr, and bazaar contains
baz.  We should rename bzr to bazaar.  baz can either be called baz,
or (as it's rather inactive and deprecated) just be removed, at least
from Ubuntu.  Some amount of minor magic might be needed to make the
transition smooth?

(Thanks to mdz for reminding me.)

--
Martin