bzr-svn 0.3

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Fri Feb 9 14:22:20 GMT 2007

I was just quickly looking at the source code for bzr-svn and was
wondering if the only thing needed to support these partial checkouts is
to define a new scheme subclass. I want a scheme whereby the svn
repository is laid out like this:

svn://host/trunk/project
svn://host/branches/branchname/project
svn://host/tags/tagname/project

I think the trunk scheme is assuming only one project or that it is like
this:

svn://host/project/trunk
svn://host/project/branches/branchname
svn://host/project/tags/tagname

Am I correct in that assumption? We would like to use the first layout
scheme so that we could do

bzr branch svn://host/trunk/project project

Of course we would not expect to be able to merge between different
projects and we would not want to do this as it doesn't make sense (even
in the subversion repository). But we really need to be able to branch
just one project using bzr-svn otherwise the amount of data would be
unmanageable.

So am I on the right track thinking I need to define a new scheme
subclass?  Is it possible to specify the scheme to use on the command
line or as part of the URL?

Cheers,

Nick