[bzr-gtk] TortoiseBZR - Step 1

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:46:15 GMT 2007

Hello,

as a result of some conversations with Robert, and examination of
samples (http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/SimpleContextMenu.asp) we
have a simple demo of a TortoiseBZR-like Windows shell extension. It
just puts an entry into the context menu of all files and/or
directories and calls a Python script to show the appropriate dialog
(e.g. Checkout or Commit).

The whole deal is about putting some entries into the registry. This
could be done for example by an installer which would need to detect
only the location of the Python interpreter.

My question goes especially to Alexander, since he's into Windows
installer stuff: could you do such an installer based on this concept?
As a first thing we thought about putting all important Bazaar
commands into the context menu, after that we can improve that by
greying out commands that don't make sense in the given context, and
so on...

Cheers,
Szilveszter / phanatic