FTP push--working tree updation fails

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 05:33:31 GMT 2007

On 1/25/07, Subhash Chandran <subwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTips#head-e925ededeebef1993e2f3e9b3e08076205035448
>
> I am totally new to bzr. I am trying to version my site contents using
> bzr. My hosting provider supports only FTP access.
>
> What I have done?
>
> 1. Create a bzr repository using `bzr init' in /home/subhash/tt
> 2. Added my site content in this repository and did commit
> 3. Copied this repository to another location in my HDD /home/subhash/wiz
> 4. Made changes to the repository in /home/subhash/tt. Did commit.
> 5. Pushed from /home/subhash/tt the changes made to /home/subhash/wiz
> using FTP protocol:
>
> $ bzr push ftp://subhash:xxx@localhost/home/subhash/wiz

not good to give your password to the world:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/21474
you better change it.

I get this message:

> This transport does not update the working tree of:
> ftp://subhash@localhost/home/subhash/wiz/
>
> I see that the /home/subhash/wiz is not updated. I am using bzr version:
>
> Bazaar (bzr) 0.10.0
>
> Is this the expected behavior? Why?

yes.
that is what the warning tries to tell you 'This transport does not update
the working tree'

I don't know why, but it also irritates me. (hey maybe I can fix it!)
what you can do though, is ssh to the server and do a
'bzr update'
this will update your working tree.
At this stage, my build tasks on the server automatically does a update
before building.
But I think in your situation you could even make a cron job to do this.

hope this helps
marius

--

I code therefore I am.