[BUG] bzr.dev connects multiple times while pushing

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 14 06:51:09 GMT 2006

On 13/12/2006, at 7:40am, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> It seems to just be a problem with bzr+ssh:// because if I use bzr
> push
> sftp:// to the same machine, it only connects one time.
>
> Now, I realize that we have an "evil" connection cache in the sftp
> implementation, but connecting 4 times to push seems a little bit
> bad. I
> don't really want to implement a connection cache, but that is
> probably
> the easiest way to fix this. Any thoughts?

Well, I think we should open the transport only once and then pass it
around to everything else that needs it.  The lifetime of a Transport
doesn't need to be exactly the same as a network connection (it might
drop and be restarted, or http may be closed by the server) but it is
a pretty strong hint.

--
Martin