Being part of laundpad team without getting all the bugs in mail.

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Fri Dec 8 22:02:30 GMT 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 11:49:55AM +0100, Erik B?gfors wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today Robert asked me why I'm not part of the lp bzr team anymore. The
> answer is simply $subject.  I get too many mails... (does this
> indicate that bzr has too many bugs? :) )

They drive me crazy too. I work around it by tossing them into the
same mailbox as the bzr mailing list.

It would be nice if there were special mailing lists for projects so that
one _could_ subscribe to bugs, and control the bugs over the list by
sending gnupg signed commands.

There used to be a bts that did this, named buggoo, that I absolutely loved.
I could grab mail, go off to the park, and still have access to the
codebase _and_ the bts. My mail system would deliver the instructions from
my mail queue to mark bugs fixed once I got back on the network.

Just a thought..
--
My home page:   <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net">James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400