Weekly 0.11 release status - Freeze starts now.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 18 02:30:31 BST 2006

i, this is a weekly summary I will send out about the 0.11 release.

Current trunk status: Frozen for pre-release.

At this point only trivial fixes should be committed to the trunk.
Trivial has no hard and fast definition - but I'm sure you all know it
when you see it.

This is a good time to be doing bugfixes from Malone.

55794 Merge 'version_info' plugin into core might be good as it should
not affect any existing code.
5158 rfc: don't treat missing files as deleted should be easy - all it
needs is a boolean option added to commit to control the behaviour on
deleted files.
43521 poor message on lock contention looks like its purely cosmetic

There are plenty more targeted bugs on
https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+milestone/0.11 - dig in and go to
town. all you need to remember is that during this freeze we want the
*safest, smallest possible fix*. So you might want to fix the bug, which
we can merge, and then as a separate branch, which will be for 0.12
refactor to make the code better and cleaner, if you think it needs it.

Any regressions found during this freeze period will get a special
exemption to fix - either by doing a backout of the cause, or by
tweaking to fix.

Lastly, merges that dont fit these rules can be merged only with the
permission of me, the release manager for 0.11

Next week we cut the pre-release, at which point the trunk will be
re-opened, and a new branch for 0.11 created.

Theres no list of targeted specs or bugs this week, because the time for
major work to land is past.

I'll setup the milestones etc for 0.12 midweek, so we can start on the
0.12 cycle.

Good luck with those bugs!

Cheers,
Rob