Weekly 0.11 release status - Freeze starts now.

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Sep 20 16:38:58 BST 2006

Robert Collins wrote:

> 55794 Merge 'version_info' plugin into core might be good as it should
> not affect any existing code.

^- done and awaiting review.

> 5158 rfc: don't treat missing files as deleted should be easy - all it
> needs is a boolean option added to commit to control the behaviour on
> deleted files.

^- I don't think this is as easy as you think. Because
WorkingTree.list_files() doesn't list missing files (could be updated
with a 'M' status). But also saying WorkingTree.has_id() will return
False if the file doesn't exist because it uses osutils.lexists().

Which also means that 'file_id in tree' will evaluate to False. Because
__contains__ = has_id.

Also, "for file_id in workingtree:" will skip over missing files,
because it also uses osutils.lexists().

Now, this may still be possible for 'commit', since it looks like it
your commit changes for removing deleted files has factored it out to
only iterating directly over the working inventory.

However, if we just skip the '_remove_deleted' step, things get a little
funny. I suppose we could make it '_abort_if_deleted' which does the
same thing, only instead of unversioning the ids, raises an exception if
there are any deletions to produce.

I don't really like that we have to iterate over the working inventory
multiple times.

> 43521 poor message on lock contention looks like its purely cosmetic

^- I was fixing this one along with making bzr wait for locks. I could
try to split this into 2 patches. But it might just be easier to wait
for 0.12. If you want, I can submit what I've done. I just need to
finish it up. I was having problems with a test, because I want to check
what happens when a lock changes underneath you, and that is tricky to
do (and not reliable with just sleep() calls).

> I'll setup the milestones etc for 0.12 midweek, so we can start on the
> 0.12 cycle.

I did set up both the release dates and the milestone for 0.12, because
we had a few bugs I wanted to target for it.