[step 04] request: 12 steps towards a high performance server

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Sep 13 17:41:10 BST 2006

>    http://people.ubuntu.com/~andrew/bzr/BzrNewError.__str__/
>      make BzrNewError.__str__'s error handling a bit more robust and bit more
>      informative.

+0.95

I thought there was a test that checked the result of an unprintable
BzrNewError. So it seems that test should be updated along with this patch.

I don't see it now, but I think it would be good to add one. You can do
it as easily as just creating a child exception which has a docstring
with parameters that don't match the variables. (Either a %d with a
string not a number, or a missing variable, etc)

I wouldn't require the test, since I think it is a beneficial change,
but it would be nice to get one.