win32 selftest results with @1993

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Sep 10 22:52:30 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 08:54 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Some of the tests with ERROR:
> ERROR: test_fetch_funky_file_id
> (bzrlib.tests.interrepository_implementations.test_interrepository.TestInterRepository)
>
>   File "C:\dev\bzr\bzr.dev\bzrlib\osutils.py", line 905, in
> check_legal_path
>     raise IllegalPath(path)
> IllegalPath: The path
> C:/dev/bzr/bzr.dev/test0001.tmp/epository.test_fetch_funky_file_id(InterWeaveRepo)/work/tree/.bzr/repository/weaves/b5/funky-chars<>%&;"'.weave
> is not permitted on this platform
>
> So that test probably just needs to be updated to catch IllegalPath
> and
> skip the test, rather than fail with an ERROR. This test is failing 2
> times. It is failing for InterRepository and InterWeaveRepo. Both
> involve weaves, and weaves with funky characters are not supported on
> Windows.

Agreed, but it shold check the class type before skipping. We want a
whitelist approach here. Other tests will need it so I propose a
'bzrlib.repository.UNSUPPORTED_ON_WINDOWS' list. We should also consult
that during sprout and clone - if we are branching from a weave to a
windows machine we *must* upgrade on the fly.

> The final 2 error tests are:
> ERROR: test_connection_paramiko
> (bzrlib.tests.test_sftp_transport.SSHVendorConnection)
>
> which fails with:
>     raise failure_exc(path, str(e) + more_info)
> PathError: Generic path error:
> u'/:/dev/bzr/bzr.dev/test0001.tmp/sport.SSHVendorConnection.test_connection_paramiko/work/a_file':
> Failure: error retrieving)
>
> And:
> ERROR: test_readonly_http_works
> (bzrlib.tests.test_versionedfile.TestWeaveHTTP)
>
> which fails with:
>   File "C:\dev\bzr\bzr.dev\bzrlib\osutils.py", line 188, in
> fancy_rename
>     rename_func(new, tmp_name)
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
>
> Now, this last one is AtomicFile failing during .commit() As part of
> LocalTransport.put().
>
> Now it may be that we are getting Permission Denied, when we expect
> NoSuchFile, or something like that (say the parent dir doesn't exist
> yet).
>
> But this seems like it might also be an issue, something to look into.

Permission denied usually means 'file is open sucker' :).

> Oh... And errno=17 (which someone has mentioned in the past) seems to
> happen when we run out of filesystem space.
>
> Anyway, we've seem to overcome the bulk of our errors on win32. But I
> think we need to still do a little bit more.

Looks good. what do you mean by 'filesystem space' - do you mean 'path
length' ?

Rob