Public Impressions

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon May 8 04:56:26 BST 2006

On 06/05/2006, at 8:13 PM, Erik Bågfors wrote:

> No.  I believe two letter commands are not allowed into debian.   Look
> at how ee was named eeyes or something like that (electric eyes, when
> it existed).  So debian would have to rename it... to... bzr perhaps?

As I understand it, you can't have *package* names of less than two
letters, but commands are OK:

% dpkg -S =i
iprint: /usr/bin/i

'br' is the easiest abbreviation to type on my keyboard -- 'z' is in
a bad location on QWERTY, though I suppose not in other languages.
But I think we have had enough flux in naming for a while.

--
Martin