Is bzr already has logo or icon?

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Thu May 4 20:07:40 BST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 11:40:43 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> > Is bzr has logotype or icon or any their own picture art?
> > I'd like to use something to icon for bzr.exe.
> > But this is not *very* important.
>
> At present, we do not. There was some discussion, and I think we settled
> that we would like something to do with intertwined olive branches. But
> I don't believe anything was actually done.
>
> The actual thread is available here:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/7828/focus=7994
>
> The thread title is "Launchpad says Robert owns bzr", in case you have a
> local archive.
>
> Either olive branches, or banyan trees, or hydras, or rivers, or ...
> Something intertwined.

I fear the branches or banyan tree can't be drawn to be recognizable in
a 64x64 pixel icon, not even trying to mention 16x16 one.

I'd vote for the hydras. Or what about interwined pythons ;-) ?

> But nobody actually drew anything.

I think I saw some attemtps at the merging branch, but it didn't work too
well.

> Daniel Silverstone had a drawing of a "bazaar" with a bunch of tents but
> it didn't seem to be well received.

On the other day I was thinking about how to draw a bazaar and I thought that
it'd be hard to draw a recognizable bazaar, but a cathedral -- which comes as
obvious pun -- is doable.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>