sftp oddities

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Tue Dec 20 16:31:46 GMT 2005

Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

>> Maybe we could define a stand-alone branch as a .bzr and a .repository
>> in the same directory?
>
> We've done this already.  In the next branch format, a standalone branch
> will have
>
> .bzr/branch/revision-history (etc)
> .bzr/repository/inventory.weave (etc)
> .bzr/checkout/inventory (etc)

Has there been any discussion about what should be put in the
repository and what should reside in the branch?  I'm mostly thinking
of the 'inventory' weave/knit.

For unrelated branches residing in the same repository the inventory
file will contain a lot of versions that is of no interest to some of
the branches.

As I see it, there are two solutions to this, both simple: Either the
inventory and other control files are put under /branch/, or we tell
the end-users that if they have unrelated branches in the same
repository they got no one but them selves to blame if performance
is degrading.

This is more of an issue for knits, where there are more shared
control files than just the inventory.

~j