plans for 0.0.6 release

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jun 1 07:22:51 BST 2005

Martin Pool wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First off I'd like to thank everyone who's sent patches recently; the
>flood coming in is really remarkable.   I'm trying to keep working
>through the backlog while still working through my own todo list.   If
>there is anything important that seems to have been dropped feel free to
>retransmit it.
>
>A lot has changed since the last tarball release so I would like to put
>out an 0.0.6 release in a couple of days with more or less the current
>feature set and any outstanding bugs fixed, and then move on to
>integrating and writing more features.  If there is anything you feel
>ought to be in for that, then speak up now.  I'm going to put in the
>merge patches and fix the read-only locking bugs.

It would be nice to have the revision separator worked out before
reaching a sort of milestone release. But that is pretty minimal.

If we have the revision separator, I think getting "bzr diff" to support
doing a diff against 2 revisions is pretty trivial. Since you at least
merged the -r 10:20 patch, you probably could do the bzr diff -r 10:20
patch.

There are still a couple of outstanding bugs on win32. Specifically you
have to close the lockfile for ScratchBranch to cleanup properly. And
files are still being written in a mixture of 'wt', versus being read in
'rb'. At least in testbzr.

Those are *my* outstanding changes. Though rev separator may not be
something you want to tackle for now. I think diff would be nice to make
it in.

Oh, and I just remembered, Plugin support. It is pretty trivial to redo
if you want something different. You could remove support for standard
shell scripts, and only support a python wrapper, or we could support
both and have them use separate paths. In the short term, I could make
it not descend into child paths as you seemed to not like that. Though I
think I agree with abentley, and would keep it in my local version.