[apparmor] Firefox (DENIED for /proc/*/task/) and plugin-container segfault.

daniel curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:21:39 UTC 2017

Hi

On Wed Jan 11, I've sent the first message to this list describing a
problem with Firefox and plugin-container crash etc. Adding one rule to the
Firefox profile were considered as a solution to the problem. It was
something like this one:

owner @{PROC}/[0-9]*/task/* r,

But; on Jan 24., Firefox has closed again - without any reaction from my
side - and system log files, such as '/var/log/kern.log' or even
'/var/log/syslog' logged such entry (this time without AppArmor DENIED
message [1]):

Jan 24 19:36:15 t4 kernel: [18353.035413] Chrome_ChildThr[2753]: segfault
at 0 ip b76e3673 sp b1efe9f0 error 6 in plugin-container[b76dc000+42000]

In the meantime, I've added one more rule to the Firefox profile, which, as we
can see, helped. Now, AppArmor rules related to this issue looks this way:

owner @{PROC}/[0-9]*/task/ r,
owner @{PROC}/[0-9]*/task/* r,

Seth, You've asked about creating a bug report: "Please file the bug report
against the firefox source package (...)" So, here it is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1656065

I hope, that it's a "good" report. If there is something, which I should
add/remove please let me know. It seems, that I definitely should edit this
report and add an informations about second AppArmor rule etc.

Best regards.