[apparmor] test failures in test-aa-easyprof.py

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Mon Dec 4 16:33:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2017, 16:07:52 CET schrieb Jamie Strandboge:
> On Sun, 2017-12-03 at 15:16 +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > I get several failures from test-aa-easyprof.py, for example

> > The "fix" is   make -C parser   but I'd prefer to have a Makefile
> > dependency instead of confusing and misleading test failures ;-)

> I might mention that easyprof was developed to support an Ubuntu
> feature and upstreamed since it was plausibly useful to AppArmor
> users. Ubuntu has stopped using the feature officially and is in the
> process of remove consumers of the easyprof library in its archive
> (since it fell out of use).
>
> I'm not aware if other downstreams who are using easyprof and
> considering no one noticed this broke 10 months ago,

The "no one noticed" is easy to explain:
I always had libapparmor and parser compiled in my bzr checkout, so
things kept "just working".

You can blame the switch to git for uncovering this - I started with a
clean checkout, worked on the tools, and noticed that the test fails.

After compiling the parser, it works again.

I also run the tests while building the openSUSE package - but they run
after everything got built, which also hides this dependency issue.

> I can't help but
> wonder if it is worth keeping?

So basically you want to drop aa-easyprof?

I never used aa-easyprof, so no objections from me ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
So ihr habt euch jetzt garantiert totgelacht, die Schenkel
blutig gehauen oder sämtliche Tischkanten zerbissen  [...]